Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: InFocus LP600 Bypass lamp check

InFocus LP600 Bypass lamp check

I have just bought a InFocus LP600 which requires a lamp from eBay. I have no intention of replacing it with a lamp or anything rather with the intention of passing time tinkering about with it. The projector will not stay on without a working lamp therefore I am really looking for a way to bypass the lamp check. Now I know some projectors have been bypassed successfully and was wondering if anyone has successfully bypassed the lamp check on one of these. Some French forums mention about shunting optocouplers. Can any body with a bit more experience than me shed some light on this? Thanks in advance.

•    Advertisement

LumenArc
      Forum Master

The Infocus LP600 doesn't have much space in the lamp area to do much work or mods on. I personally think the Infocus X2 is more suited for mods as the lamp door is on the side as opposed to the LP600's underside.

Yes but that's no good to me as I have already bought the LP600 and don't really want to go and spend more money on another projector. Anyone?

I have discussed in other forums before. Basically there should be five photo-couplers on the PSU each numbered with a 'U' prefix (U501, U503, U504, U506 and U507). They all have 4 legs and leg 1 is marked by a dot on the casing. The leg either to the left or right would be pin 4 and the leg below or above it would be pin 2. What you need to do is short leg 3 and 4 on both U503 and U507 photo-couplers as in the picture attached marked by arrows but leave the other photo-couplers as they are. Just dab a bit of solder onto the legs opposite to the dot side and make a bridge. You will also have to short the lamp cover switch or keep it depressed or the projector will not stay on. Goldmember's right about the lack of space in the lamp compartment though. Good luck.

LP600_PSU.jpg

Thank you so much. Followed the instructions and projector is now staying awake. Have ordered some cheap ultra bright LED's so will play about with those. Projector is working as I am able to see an image in the lens if I direct and shine a bright flash light using a mirror at 45 degrees into the colour wheel.

makymoo
    Does this hack disable the strike voltage surge or simply trick the machine into thinking that the strike impulse has worked?

Chupavac
    Hello!

Is the same process with photo-couplers in LP500?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by makymoo View Post
    Does this hack disable the strike voltage surge or simply trick the machine into thinking that the strike impulse has worked?
    No it just simply tricks the projector into thinking that there is a lamp present and has striked successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupavac View Post
    Is the same process with photo-couplers in LP500?
    Its not exactly the same process. The InFocus LP500 is a totally different projector. It doesn't have a Mercury Vapour lamp rather a Metal Halide. The ballast and all circuitry is different. However, the process with the LP500 should still be somewhat similar I would think and should have photocouplers of some sort which tells the projector lamp lit etc.
    Last edited by GoldMember; 22nd December 2012 at 05:35 PM.

makymoo
    Thanks everyone for the info. Thanks especially to Gizmotech's instructions I've managed to bypass the lamp on my Ask Proxima C170 (also sold as InFocus LP600). My power board was a bit different though: following the picture had no effect. Only when I read the text more carefully and noted the positions of U503 and U507 on my power-board did I get it right. On my board U503 and U507 are on the outside units of the four in a row, not the top two as identified in Gizmotechs's pic. On my board the terminals to bridge are marked in purple here:

c170-lp600 lamp bypass.jpg

Thanks again to everyone for the information!

makymoo, what light source are you using and are you getting a bright enough projection? There's not much room in that lamp compartment.