Thread: DIY Silver Screen

DIY Silver Screen

Where can I purchase projector screen paint. I've just had a look at a silver screen and the paint finish is matt without ant silver bits in it. It looks more grey than anything - bit like the thing you scratch off scratch cards. The projector paints that I have come accross are white.

•    Advertisement

LumenArc
      Forum Master

what's wrong with white?

I am use white before. The contrast not ok on white. Contrast ok on silver. I buy silver screen and movie good and black is coming black.

I'm thinking of trying metallic grey automotive paint if silver is too light and see how i comes out. I'll let you know of the outcome if and when I get round to doing it.

Light grey polyester/cotton mixed cloth? I havn't tried it myself but some China man has and reported the outcome to be really good. But then again every man has different standards.

Silver screen does not have metallic bits in it like automotive aerosol paint. It has this matt look greyish silvery effect - a bit like what you get on scratchcards.

Well I've enquired about Silver Screens to LumenArc and have been advised that there does not seem to be much interest in the product thus they don't stock it. I think this is the perfect chance to show interest so all of you who would like to get hold of professional Silver Screen material, Register and post your support here. I know I would be interested in the product but they are just too expensive everywhere I have looked.