Terms: The purchaser, hereafter referred to as “the Customer”
LumenArc, hereafter referred to as “LumenArc”, “our”, “us" or “we”
All products are sold by the description supplied by our suppliers, distributors and/or exporters. Any further representations, advice or recommendations of LumenArc’s staff as to the choice, suitability or description of the products are given with authorisation of LumenArc and are not to be relied on by the Customer unless previously confirmed in writing by LumenArc. In all cases LumenArc advises customers to check that the product is appropriate for their needs by own research where appropriate.
Order Acceptance and the completion of the contract between LumenArc and the Customer will take place on the dispatch to the Customer of the products ordered, unless LumenArc have notified the Customer that the order has not been accepted.
Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
• The inability for LumenArc to obtain authorisation for payment.
• The product ordered being unavailable from stock.
• The identification of a pricing or product description error.
LumenArc reserve the right to not communicate regarding a transaction for which authorisation was not obtained or if fraudulent activity is suspected or identified.
These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and any dispute in relation hereto shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the English Courts. These Terms & Conditions are subject to change without prior notice.
Errors & omissions excepted.
1. CONTACTS – It is advised for the Customer to contact LumenArc at firstname.lastname@example.org should they need to get in touch with us.
2. DATA PROTECTION - Customers registering on LumenArc are automatically entered onto our database.
3. ORDERING - LumenArc reserves the right at any time to refuse orders and cancel any incomplete orders or suspend delivery, due to circumstances beyond its direct control. No contact shall arise between LumenArc and the Customer unless and until the Customer has accepted these conditions either expressly in writing or verbally or by implication.
LumenArc may cancel this agreement by giving written notice in the event that:
a) Any invoices for the sale of LumenArc products are overdue for payment.
b) The supplier/exporter/distributor of the goods increases the price to LumenArc.
c) For reasons beyond the control of LumenArc, it is unable to effect delivery following termination of the manufacturer’s goods or;
d) It is unable to effect delivery due to insufficient supply of goods from the supplier/exporter/distributor.
On giving such notice, LumeArc shall promptly repay to the Customer any sums paid in respect of the price. LumenArc shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from such cancellation. A refund by store credit with an administration charge of up to 20% of the order price will be made against the amount, should the Customer cancel the order without the written agreement of LumenArc.
4. EXCHANGE/RETURN - LumenArc do try wherever possible to offer exchanges when a Customer has purchased the incorrect product providing LumenArc have an appropriate alternative available. Exchange or Return is subject to return of the product in original packaging, unopened and in resalable condition at the Customer's expense and payment of delivery charges for replacement, if applicable. Returns will be refunded by means of store credit and will be subject to a 20% handling charge. Any further information regarding returns can be found in the 'Shipping & Returns' link prior to placing an order. Components other than Lamps Modules are non-returnable items and in such instances a re-stocking charge of 100% may be applicable. All product shortages or incorrect product delivery must be notified to LumenArc in writing within 7 days of receipt of the order delivery and the Customer is responsible for checking that the correct item has been supplied prior to any installation otherwise exchange/return may not be accepted.
• All returns must be pre-authorised and accompanied by a return authorisation which can be requested by account log in.
• Refunds will be made to the customers by way of store credit.
• Shipping fees, including return shipping fees, will not be reimbursed or refunded.
• LumenArc are not responsible for lost or untraceable return shipments and strongly recommend that Customers send return items using a shipping company that provides a way to track and insuring packages.
5. GUARANTEE - Products must be returned to LumenArc, or the appropriate supplier as indicated by LumenArc, for testing and confirmation as faulty, prior to the offer of replacement or refund. All items are covered by a 3 month manufacturer warranty from the date of despatch against faulty materials or workmanship. During this period the items will be repaired, replaced or refunded by store credit providing that:
a) A returns authorisation has been obtained from LumenArc.
b) The product is returned to the Company with evidence of the despatch date and invoice number.
c) The product has not been misused or handled carelessly.
d) All damaged goods must be reported within 48 hours of receipt and also each individual item returned must have a full written fault report on all faults included with authorised returns.
e) Repairs have not been attempted other than by LumenArc.
f) The product is certified by LumenArc as being defective.
g) The Customer will pay all carriage costs of alleged faulty units returned to LumenArc and will also pay for exchange or return costs as advised.
h) Must be returned complete.
i) If agreement is made to accept back unused product, reimbursement will be subject to a 20% deduction of administration fee and carriage costs will not be reimbursed by LumenArc.
LumenArc reserve the right to charge a testing fee and/or administration charge of 20%, where goods returned as faulty are found to be in good working order and fit for purpose or have been misused, handled carelessly or a repair has been attempted by someone other than LumenArc.
6. PAYMENT - LumenArc currently accept payments only processed by PayPal. Payments via Credit Cards and Debit Cards can be made using PayPals secure page (no registration necessary). Payment must be received and cleared prior to shipping. LumenArc reserve the right to make adjustments to the price to take account of any increase in LumenArc’s supplier price or if due to an error or omission in the price published for the goods on a LumenArc web site. LumenArc will inform the Customer of the correct price and give the option to cancel the order. Time for payment shall be deemed to be of the essence of the contract and payment shall be made in accordance with the agreed terms in full without any right of set off, deduct or withhold whatsoever. LumenArc reserves the right to charge interest on any outstanding or withheld balances at the current base rate of HSBC + 5% until full payment has been received.
All PayPal payments must be made from a verified account with a confirmed shipping address. We understand that a confirmed address is not always possible; therefore we may accept payments with unverified addresses, depending on the outcome of our internal risk assessment.
By submitting a PayPal payment without a confirmed address, you agree to have a risk assessment carried out to evaluate the risk level involved. The procedures and standards of the scoring system cannot be disclosed.
LumenArc reserves the right to immediately refund/reject your payment if:
• PayPal returns as unverified
• Your shipping address is returned as unconfirmed OR your PayPal account is less than one month old OR your email address is not a business email address of a well known company
All other cases (such as unconfirmed addresses) will be assessed individually and a delay maybe caused due to a payment evaluation.
If you have selected to make payment with a PayPal eCheque, we will hold your order until whole payment has been cleared. The typical time for a PayPal eCheque to clear is between 7-9 working days.
From time to time, PayPal may decide to conduct a payment review. For security reasons, we will not process your order until the review has been completed and cleared of any possible risk.
You can avoid delays, by verifying your PayPal account and confirming your shipping address.
LumenArc reserves the right to charge 20% for all unpaid items either returned or represented at LumenArc’s bank.
Overdue accounts may be notified to a credit reference agency, increasing any chances of refusal of credit applications made by the debtor in the future.
7. PRIVACY - To help protect customer information when using LumenArc's website, LumenArc’s payment provider, PayPal use modern internet security techniques for secure payments as detailed on their web sites.
8. SHIPPING - Non delivery of Orders is to be notified to email@example.com within 14 days of payment. Delivery is made by Royal Mail. Goods are normally delivered within 7-10 working days (Monday to Friday) of your payment being cleared for UK and 10-20 working days for overseas delivery, unless the item is out of stock or on back-order at the time of ordering. LumenArc may show an item is in stock but may not necessary be in stock as stock control is not updated out of hours. Goods are delivered to the Shipping Address specified when placing the order. Customers are liable for further charges if changes are made after despatch to Delivery Address, or if goods are returned to LumenArc for redelivery. LumenArc is NOT responsible for Royal Mail strikes and other matters beyond LumenArc’s control. LumenArc shall have no liability in respect of failure to deliver or perform or delay in delivery or performing the obligations under this Agreement arising from any cause whatsoever, the time of delivery shall not be of the essence.
It is the Customer’s responsibility to supply correct address and contact details; LumenArc shall not be responsible for any costs involved in returned or lost packages if the supplied address is incorrect or incomplete or if the Customer has been ‘carded’ by the delivery agent and the items have not been collected from Royal Mail’s Delivery Depot.
A responsible person must be available at the Delivery Address to receive and sign for the goods. Goods will not be left at the delivery address unless signed for. LumenArc cannot give an exact day or time of arrival under this delivery schedule.. Please note: Saturday, Sunday and national bank holidays are not classed as working days for delivery purposes. Any manufacturing defects must be notified within 48 working days. Inspection of goods must be carried out before signing for the goods.
Signing for the parcel will mean that you have inspected the goods and are in satisfactory condition. LumenArc will not take responsibilty for goods that have been damaged in transit but signed for by the customer without prior inspection of goods.
9. TAXES/DELIVERY CHARGES - Product prices are listed exclusive of shipping in the LumenArc online catalogue. The appropriate delivery charge is applied during the checkout process and then shown within the final amount to be paid.
10. TITLE TO GOODS - Legal and beneficial title in the goods shall remain in LumenArc until such time as payment in full has been received by LumenArc for the goods and all sums due to LumenArc by the Customer under all Agreements between them.
Risk in the goods shall pass upon delivery to the Customer. LumenArc shall be entitled to recover from the Customer any goods for which payment has not been received when due, and enter the premises of the Customer where the goods are situated or are reasonably thought to be situated to repossess such goods. Where the Customer has purported to re-sell the goods before the property in them has passed to him, the proceeds of such purported re-sale shall be held in trust for LumenArc in the name of LumenArc in a bank account separate from all other monies of the Customer.
11. RETENTION OF TITLE - The risk in the goods shall pass from LumenArc to the Customer upon delivery of such goods to the Customer. However, notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk in the goods, title and property in the goods, including full legal and beneficial ownership, shall not pass to the Customer until the LumenArc has received in cash or cleared funds payment in full for all goods delivered to the Customer under this and all other contracts between LumenArc and the Customer for which payment of the full price of the goods thereunder has not been paid. Payment of the full price of the goods shall include the amount of any interest or other sum payable under the terms of this and all other contracts between LumenArc and the Customer under which the goods were delivered.
12. STOCK STATUSES - All products LumenArc sells are shipped on a first-come, first-served basis. All stock-status information is updated daily. Precise stock levels are not available so an indication of usual availability is given. Latest stock status information can be obtained by contacting LumenArc through the at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS - The information on the LumenArc website is provided on an "as is" basis. LumenArc does not accept any liability for damages arising out of or in connection with Customer use of these web sites. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages.